Stained Glass

Feb 28: Stained glass  -  Large or small, religious or decorative. Show and tell us about the stained glass in your Town. (Topic by Ginger V)  We tend to associate stained glass with the windows in our chapels, churches and cathedrals but they are also used (and re-used) in older homes, store fronts, and other public buildings.  Hunt one down, and show us how they look from the outside, and from the inside.  How they change the atmosphere, the light and our feelings about the space they adorn. 


Madrid Spain


Our weekly spotlighter is Ginger V
Our next weekly theme is 
Mar 7: Start of the Day - What does the new day bring in your town or city? How does it start? From personal stories to the sights you see every morning, show us the morning in your town. (Mersad)






Friday My Town Shoot Out is a group blog kept going by wonderful volunteers who love the idea of sharing our home towns and visiting other places through images. We welcome you to participate in our weekly link-ups and/or get more involved as one of our volunteers.

Comments

  1. Love the spot of sunlight in your photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope no one minds that I put up a photo from my travels versus my town. I found right away that I don't have enough photos of Houston to share - to spare. I love the Alter was shown by a ray of sun from the upper windows and the floor and arches colored by the stained glass, to me a perfect example of how stained glass changes how we see an interior space.

      Delete
  2. what a special craft it must be to make stained glass windows.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think, in the comments below: