Voice of a Member

October 16 - Sunrise / Sunsets - By Sherri (http://sherripatterson.blogspot.com/)



"What's not to love about sunrises and sunsets? My favorite times of the day for a photo shoot are the early morning and late afternoon because the constantly changing play of light on and around the objects I am shooting. I love the silver and sepia tones of of the sky and water a couple of hours before sunset and the purples, corals and pinks of the setting sun against azure skies. My husband and I love living close to the Gulf of Mexico in our picturesque little city which is built around 4 salt water bayous off the Anclote River where it meets the Gulf. We have vacationed in the Hawaiian Islands often and the sunrises and sunsets with the added elements of mountain peaks are equally stunning. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's sunrises and sunsets!"
Sherri

Baring all complications with weather, rain and clouds - I look forward to seeing what sunrises and sunsets in your area of the world look like. Taken on Friday morning or last year, show us your favorite.

Comments

  1. I love sunset and sunrise too! This is a perfect photo assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't there something weird about the way we take it for granted that there's a huge ball of fire right on the horizon?

    we just had this thought as we appreciated the detail of your pic. there's an acual fiery orb in the distance.

    :-)

    thanks, Sherrie.
    .
    ..
    .ero
    ..
    .

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sun hasn't been out in over a week around here. *sigh* It's definitly kept my chances at catching a good sunset picture to a minimum...if I can't get a sunset shot for this week, I'm so going to pick a topic that you all did before I joined and post shots for that instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://annkschin.blogspot.com/2009/10/friday-shootout-sunrisesunset.html

    The glow in the sky always attracts me. It gives a feeling of warmth even in a winter day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think, in the comments below: